Friday, May 2, 2014

Most Anticipated Films of the year (halfway through)

I've been meaning to do this ever since January, but I've been slacking/waiting for release dates/writing papers/arguing with my dad and/or sister/watching Hell's Kitchen/fulfilling promises. Now that most of that is over with (Hell's Kitchen ain't over yet), I'll list the most anticipated of the year by month, including this one, and list a various amount of runner-ups. Note that I may not even be able to see every film on there, because there are rules, and I'm too much of a sissy to try to sneak in to stuff, even when it would inspire conversation/boost traffic/broaden horizons. But I'll take what I can get/push for stuff, and be happy with it. Another note is that these are not the only films I want to see from each month. There are plenty I want to see in addition to the most anticipated and the others in contention. Now, without further adieu, here are my most anticipated.

May- Godzilla (May 16)
Why: It looks great. Could be a quasi-sequel to the 1954 version. Has a chance to blow us all away.

Others in Contention (not in order): A Million Ways to Die in the West, X-Men: Days of Future Past.

June- Edge of Tomorrow (June 6)


Why: Trailer speaks to me. Seems to be more happening beneath the surface. Could be thoughtful. Has a chance to be the spectacle worth seeing.

Others in Contention: The Fault in Our Stars, How to Train Your Dragon 2, The Rover, Jersey Boys, Trans4mers (no age of extinction. Trans4mers is what it should've been called. Also, dinobots got trans4mers on here).

July- Boyhood (July 11)


Why: Extremely ambitious. I want to see people age on screen. Richard Linklater is in my good book, even though I've only seen School of Rock from him.

Others in Contention: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Jupiter Ascending, Magic in the Moonlight.

August- The Giver (August 15)


Why: Good book. Little to no competition from the rest of the month.

Others in Contention: Guardians of the Galaxy

September- The Drop (September 19)


Why: No competition from the rest of the month. James Gandolfini's last performance. Modern day mob story.

Others in Contention: none

October- Gone Girl (October 3)


Why: Amazing book. David Fincher. Affleck seeming to steal it. Could be the best film of the year.

Others in Contention: Birdman, The Judge, The Secret Service.

November- Foxcatcher (November 14)


Why: Bennet Miller's in my good book after Moneyball. Steve Carrell pushing himself like never before. Could be the breakout film.

Others in Contention: Interstellar, Dumb and Dumber To, Fury, Mockingjay Part 1.

December- Inherent Vice (December 12)


Why: The photo says it all. PTA's 2 for 2 with me. The book seems to be good, but I haven't read it yet.

Others in Contention: Big Eyes, Unbroken, Untitled Cameron Crowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors