Friday, February 14, 2014

Brief Thoughts: The LEGO Movie

Brief Thoughts: The LEGO Movie

(every once in a while, I see a film that doesn't have enough to say about. It has nothing to do with quality, just about whether I have enough words)

Rated PG
100 minutes
Directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller

I loved LEGOs. I loved the experience of building with them, and I enjoy seeing them around in my life. I was skeptical about this movie, but it worked. I have nothing that bad to say about it except for some problems with the twist. I enjoyed the twist, but there was a significant flaw that came with it. That flaw betrayed the twist for 5 minutes, then it worked again. Other than that, it looked great, there was social commentary, the humor worked and there were unique background details. Will Arnett was great as Batman, and Batman's song about being an orphan was really great. And rockets. All Benny wants is to build a rocket. It is essentially a toy commercial, but it's probably the best toy commercial, or LEGO-based form of media, I've seen. Also, Everything is Awesome will never get out of my head, I'm sure. It was so good.

3.5/5

B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors